2015年5月8日 星期五

Children Literature


Yi-fen Flaig
November 4, 2014


I am dreaming of writing stories and becoming an author because I like to read books and the birth of my son gave me the opportunity to know the amazing world of children's literature which is different from the boring and frustrating academic world. 

Every day I read a lot of books to my son and enjoy the beauty and wonderful children's imagination. The best thing in these stories is that they give you delight and put you in warm hearted mood as well as encourage you in difficulties and comfort you in sadness. In the world of children's literature, you can forget your worry about daily problems and get new inspiration for your life. 

Since summer vacation (2014), I have begun to teach my son phonics. Usually, I borrow plenty of books from library and my son can pick up the most interesting one among the pile of the books. 

Then we read it together word by word and letter by letter. After having finished a book, he gets a sticker. When he obtains a certain amount of stickers,  I will buy a gift in order to encourage him to read more books. Shortly before Christmas 2014 he finished two hundreds books and earned a big gift for Christmas. 

After he has become an independent reader, I have been proud of his efforts. Additionally I thank my son for this opportunity to think in a different way and to write in another style. My ambition is to get rid of the critical thinking and transform my writing style into a synthesis: silly and funny with a hint of a critical sense and irony.